We're Hiring: Marketing and Events Executive
The Irish Computer Society are currently seeking a bright enthusiastic professional to fill the position of Events and Marketing Executive. This person will predominantly work on promoting and organising our ICS conferences.
- Create project plan for every event to outline tasks that need to be completed to ensure a successful event
- Create marketing and social media plans for every event to achieve your targets
- Create Direct Email and Call campaigns using salesforce
- Schedule and chair regular meetings with Project board
- Research suitable venues of conferences /events and negotiate best possible prices
- Make contact with potential event speakers
- Coordinate event website with web developer and ensure the registration process is set up correctly
- Coordinate event logistics (e.g. Venue requirements, AV, Catering, transport, etc.)
- Ensure that ICS websites, web pages, and social media accounts are up to date for each event
- Negotiate rates with exhibitors, delegates, speakers, advertisers and venues
- Ensure that communications, press releases, marketing lists, salesforce campaigns are up to date, on time, proofed and approved
- Ensure that the Marketing Project Plans are up to date
- Liaise with event sponsors to make sure they are sufficiently looked after
- Create an event running order and manage event staff to ensure the event runs smoothly.
- Create post conference and annual report for Managers and Stakeholders
- Work co-operatively with sales teams to maximise sales for conferences attendees and Sponsors.
- Research and be aware of market trends, analyse competition in locality and nationwide.
- Educated to degree standard in Marketing/Business/Events Management/PR
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working within events/marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of MS Word/ Powerpoint/ Excel
- Able to multi-task
- Strong presentation skills
- B2B sales experience would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Mailchimp, Salesforce and/or Adobe Illustrator software
Employment Type: Full-time
The Irish Computer Society is a not for profit member society whose mission is to advance, promote and represent the interests of ICT professionals in Ireland.
The ICS provides its members with:
- An independent representative voice
- Independent means of keeping up-to-date
- Resources for professional development
- A network of contacts in the ICT sector
- Europe-wide professional recognition
- Guidance on professional standards
The ICS also works to advance and promote computer literacy throughout the Irish population by:
- Providing a means for current and potential computer users to achieve certified qualifications
- Encouraging the continuous development and availability of ICT curricula, and the use of appropriate ICT throughout the education system
- Furthering Ireland's economic, educational and cultural participation in the worldwide Information Society.
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com to be considered for this role. Deadline for receiving application is Friday 21st July, 2017.
See also: https://www.ics.ie/news/were-hiring-marketing-and-communications-executive