CPD | CHARTERED IT PROFESSIONAL
CITP - Frequently Asked Questions
Why do employers value CITP status?
- Employers, recruiters and clients are actively searching for something extra from their candidates: a mark of integrity and dedication to the industry. Chartered IT Professional status is proof that you are one of the best in the business.
What are the stages that I have to go through to apply for Chartered status and how long do they take?
- There are 2 stages – you will need to send in your CV and submit a personal statement detailing your competencies under the headings of autonomy, influence, complexity of work, business skills and breadth of knowledge. Your supporters will be asked to review and confirm your personal statement. The second stage in the process is an on-line interview including a presentation on your chosen specialism carried out remotely by two qualified Assessors.
What is the cost of applying for Chartered status?
If you are already an ICS member, the application fee is €100. If you are not currently a member the cost is €200 which includes your first year's membership. The fee is payable by debit/credit card at the time of application.
If you are currently a member of the ICS under a corporate plan, the fee is €90 per annum. This will be added to the annual invoice your company receives.
I am unemployed or not working. Can I still apply for Chartered status and will the costs be reduced?
- You can apply for Chartered status if you are not working, you must be able to demonstrate the competencies as set out in the CITP Standard. ICS offer reduced membership rates for those who meet eligibility criteria, including unemployment, however the Chartered application fee of €100 will still apply.
What charges will I have to pay if I fail the application process and do I get my money back?
- The application fee is €100. If the application is unsuccessful at Stage 1 (initial assessment) then the application fee will be refunded in full. The fee will not be refunded if you withdraw your application during Stage 1 or if your application is deferred because you do not supply enough information. After you have completed Stage 1 no refunds will be given.
- If Chartered status is not awarded, the ICS will register you at the appropriate membership level and refund the difference in membership subscription fees.
What happens when my Certificate of Current Competence expires?
- Registrants undertake to maintain their knowledge and skills and holding a CoCC demonstrates a registrants competence is up to date. Registrants who do not submit evidence of maintaining their knowledge and skills will retain their CITP registration but to continue to evidence current competence registrants are invited to revalidate their Certificate of Current Competence. Full details of the revalidation process will be provided before your certificate expires. In preparation for revalidation you should keep records of your work experience and the development and training that you undertake suing the ICS CareerPlus features in the ICS Members Area.
Can I get a refund of the application fee?
- If the application is unsuccessful at Stage 1 (initial assessment) then the application fee will be refunded in full. The fee will not be refunded if you withdraw your application during Stage 1 or if your application is deferred because you do not supply enough information. After you have completed Stage 1 no refunds will be given.
Still don't have your answer? Contact our Customer Service Team 01 237 7788 or by email at email@example.com