CPD | CHARTERED IT PROFESSIONAL
CITP - Frequently Asked Questions
Why do employers value CITP status?
- Employers, recruiters and clients are actively searching for something extra from their candidates: a mark of integrity and dedication to the industry. Chartered IT Professional status is proof that you are one of the best in the business.
What are the stages that I have to go through to apply for Chartered status and how long do they take?
- There are 3 stages – there is an initial assessment of the application. You are asked to prepare a personal statement detailing your experience before going through to the last stage, an on-line interview including a presentation on your chosen specialism carried out remotely by two qualified Assessors.
What is the cost of applying for Chartered status?
If you are already an ICS member, the application fee is €100. If you are not currently a member the cost is €200 which includes your first year's membership. The fee is payable by debit/credit card at the time of application.
If you are currently a member of the ICS under a corporate plan, the fee is €90 per annum. This will be added to the annual invoice your company receives.
I am unemployed or not working. Can I still apply for Chartered status and will the costs be reduced?
- ICS offer reduced membership rates for those who meet eligibility criteria, including unemployment, however the Chartered application fee of €100 will still apply.
What charges will I have to pay if I fail the application process and do I get my money back?
- The application fee is €100. If the application is unsuccessful at Stage 1 (initial assessment) then the application fee will be refunded in full. The fee will not be refunded if you withdraw your application during Stage 1 or if your application is deferred because you do not supply enough information. After you have completed Stage 1 no refunds will be given.
- If Chartered status is not awarded, the ICS will register you at the appropriate membership level and refund the difference in membership subscription fees.
What happens when my Certificate of Current Competence expires?
- Full details of the revalidation process will be provided before your certificate expires. Revalidation will involve a review of evidence that you have stayed up to date through continuous professional development and continue to work at an appropriate level. In preparation for revalidation you should keep records of your work experience and the development and training that you undertake suing the ICS CareerPlus features in the ICS Members Area.
Can I get a refund of the application fee?
- If the application is unsuccessful at Stage 1 (initial assessment) then the application fee will be refunded in full. The fee will not be refunded if you withdraw your application during Stage 1 or if your application is deferred because you do not supply enough information. After you have completed Stage 1 no refunds will be given.
Still don't have your answer? Contact our Customer Service Team 01 775 3007 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org